In our ongoing mission to make health information easier to access for the people who need it, we’re happy to announce our latest step: the health navigation platform is now accessibility ready.
Over the last few months, our technology group has been hard at work implementing the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 recommendations to Level A compliance.
With these new standards in place, here are some of the accessibility goals that our platform meets:
• Full support of screen readers and other assistive technologies
• Menus have been simplified and can be navigated using the keyboard
• Searches have been improved to be more intuitive and easier to use
• Text alternatives are provided for visual media
• Visual content is designed to be easily distinguishable for people with disabilities
• Users are given enough time to read and use the content provided to them
And we’re not planning on stopping there. Over the coming weeks we will be completing the Level AA compliance guideline implementation, which will allow us to exceed AODA requirements for accessibility. (You can read more about the standards here.)
As we move forward, our team continues to create new content, build more interactive features to help our members stay engaged and informed, and work on the next generation of features for the health navigation platform.
Incorporating the best level of accessibility possible is key to our mission of breaking down barriers and making it easier for everyone to take control of their health.
For more health information and company updates, visit the Novus Health blog.